Saturday 11 February 2012

February 12, 2012

     Five years ago, February 11 was a Sunday.  I was 9 months pregnant with baby number 4, and tired of pregnancy.  My due date was not until Wednesday, but I was sure that baby should be arriving before that.  Sunday night I was up late, in tears.  I was tired of being pregnant.  My husband was leaving for work early in the morning and wouldn't be home until Thursday.  I didn't want to have the baby during the week while he was gone, but I really couldn't face being pregnant for another week.  I was tired, and uncomfortable and overly emotional.  I went to bed around midnight, sure that I was going to have to be pregnant forever - maybe somewhat dramatic?  Pregnancy emotions!
     I know that God hears our prayers, and I am thankful for answered prayer.  I had cried out to Him and he heard my cry.  Just before 1 am labour started.  We got the kids out of bed, into a very cold van and dropped off with the grandparents.  Called the other grandparents too, and the sister-in-law (She was my alternative support if baby came during the week, and since she'd been prepared to come with me, she came as a second support.).
     At 2:50 am, our baby girl was here!  Baby number 4, daughter number 2.  She is so much fun!  I can't imagine our family without her.  I love her questions, her sense of humour, her silliness, her kisses and hugs, her everything.
     Happy birthday to my baby, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment